Hey everyone! So we all want to know what everyone elses favroute applications are for their phone, because odds are, someone is hiding a super cool application that they dont want you to know about. So I have downloaded tonnes of applications and narrowed down my top 10, so here they are!
♥ these are all free applications♥
1 ~ Slideit keyboard
This application makes typing very easy. I will not lie, I downloaded it twice because I hated it the first time. But since I hated the touch screen keyboard I decided to give it another try, but the only thing that made me download this keyboard was because of the skins. I looked up pink keyboards in the andriod market and that was the only thing that came up without me having to buy something. But what sucks is that only the trial verson is free, you do have to purchase the application in order to use it regularily. It was a small fee for my happyness. And when you have a series of free applications and you find one that is very useful, you ccan often find change around the house, in your bedroom or your tip jar to hand to your parents and say "Hey can I borrow you credit card? Heres the money". I really like that you can add any words that you want, you can add short cuts, and basically have your keyboard your favourite colour.
2 ~ My fitness pal
I find this application extremely useful because its for your lifestyle, not for dieting. You can use it for dieting if thats what you want it for, but its a lifestyle tracker. My bestfriend and I decided to do a ;low carb week' and this application helped us log our food and exercise while we did it. It was amazing to ssee the difference in the nutrition guide when you were eating extremely healthy, as apposed to my normal eating habbits. I loike this application because it also has a website so you can update your profile while checking facebook. Another conveinient thing about this application is fast food and chain resturants are right in the application, so if you had a cheeseburger for lunch you can choose, mcdonalds, burger kind, homemade, anything. that way it accuratly keeps track of what youre putting into your body
3 ~ Shazam
This is one of myf avourite applications because I'm really into music. theres always songs playing on the radio that I love and had no idea what they are called. I dont always have time to type the lyrics into google especially when I am driving. With this application you hold your phone steady and press the big button that shows up when you enter the app. Once you pressed that button and made swure your microphone area is clear you set it down and the application does all of the work. Once it's found the song you are listening to it matches it against the data base and comes up with a title, an artist, an album.. everything. This application odoes not work when you sing the lyrics, and when you are watching a movie. It has to specifically be able to hear the lyrics and the beat in order to work.
4 ~ Pink Pad

This is another of my most frequently used applications. I really like this one because when your period isn't regular, it's eay to keep track of it this way. It predicts your next period and you can add symptoms and moods. I use this for tracking depression as well, in the notes section. Another thing that is really convient about this application is that youc an use it to try and get pregnant, and once you are pregnan, you can switch it to track your pregnancy. If you want the full version you do have to pay for the application, but if you are fine with the basics, the aplication is free. Theres no trial period either, the only thing paying for the app does, is give you full access to profile themes, more moods etc. I am perfectly happy with having the 'basic package'.
5 ~ Colour Note
this is by far my most favourite app ever. If I ever get a new phone and can't have this application I will be super sad. I found this to be a huge life saver nearly every day. I am extremely forgetful and this helps a lot. You can add the a widget to your homescreen of any note you have stored. You can make it small so it's just an icon, or if you for ure don't want to forget you can add a big one, which starts listing off what you have written. When I'm going away and I need to pack, I immediatly add a packing list, a large one, to my home screen. that way when I look at my phone I can see the items I want to pack. with this app you can chose to just add a note, or add a check list. It's colourful, which I like because I'm a colourful person. I am currently involved in the 2011 NaNoWriMo and this app helps me keep track of ideas for my book. Also, I have added a small widget to my homescreen that keeps tracks of my husbands hours, so I just have to unlock my ohone, click on his name just like any other application, and bam, there I am. Easy as pie. you can sort your notes and checklists by nearly anything. you can add a reminder time, and make them whichever colour you want. if you are sorting them by colour, its good to make a theme if you are a highly organized person. Also in the top left corner of the application that says "colour note" if you click on that it will give you more options. You can look in y our recycle bin for notes you deleted, icnase you need to look back at something, or deleted it by accident you can change your theme, use the calendar or search for your notes if you have a lot and dont want to look through them all.
6 ~ Tiny flashlight
This app is exactly how it sounds, its a tiny flah light. But out of all the flashlights I downloaded this one is the brightest. I also like it because there are different lights you can use. You can use colour, traffic lights, police lights, and light bulbs. Its fun for kids to play with aswell. I think its conveient to always have handy right there on your homescreen. I find its nice for when its night time and youve realized that you ran out of windsheild washer fluid and you need a light, you have one handy. its also nice for when youve dropped something into a dark place and dont want to go looking everywhere for a flashlight.
7 ~ Picsay
I really enjoy this app because I can make my own backgrounds for my phone, I can edit pictures when I dont have access to a computer, and I can easily brighten my pictures up. I find this one a lot of fun. It's really fun when you accompany it with other photo editing applications, like I did with the first picture shown. Which brings me to my number 8.
8 ~ Pixir-o-matic
I really enjoy this app because you can do nearly anything with your photos. It is certain preset effects that sometimes gets frustrating because you have to save the picture to add ore than one effect to the picture, but usually all you need is one. you can add effects, and then you can add spot light glow, glitter, twinkles.. and then the boarders are really cool because they are original. The boarders arent youre regular boarders, they actually add effects to the picture that really pull it together in the end. This app doesn't have an option where you can add words, or brighten the picture, for that I accomapny this with picsay, together they are the best editing program I have com across
9 ~ Zedge
this is the best app I have found that allows you to search a wide range of wallpapers, notification sounds and ring tones. You can search for nearly anything and it will come up with atleast 1 result for you. For halloween, my best friend and I were the ghost busters, and zedge was the first plac eI went looking for a theme song. It can really help you get into the holidays, aswell. It has christmas and halloween songs, and those fun little songs that you forgot about as you grew up. There are quotes from your favourite movies and shows, and even wall papers from your favourite shows and movies.
10 ~ Netflix
You of course have to have an account for this to be on your phone. But its a super easy way to never leave your favourite tv shows and movies at home. If you are babysitting, and the baby is sleeping and nothiung good is on TV and all you want to know is what happens in the next episode of your show, its right there on your phone. This avoids downloading TV shows into your video gallery, and saves space on your phone.
Those are my top 10 andriod apps. In the near furute I may do another top 10 post, if I find cooler applications. I have been doing research on this post for 7 months, and these are what I have come up with them. Some are widley known, some not so much. Some of these apps you may have a different version of, on your phone, and thats okay to. Just because these are my top 10 doesnt mean that they are yours to. Leave a comment with your facourite app and I will check it out and write a post about it!
~ Some of these applications require internet useage, and for that I highly reccomend the application called 3g watch dog. For this you have to know your billing date, and how much internet useage you have access to in your contract, or plan. This application is always running and can be easily accessed through your notification window. If keeps track of how much internet you have used, and lets you know if you are close to being over. Also if you go right into the application you can see how much you have gone through, and how much you will go through if you keep usuing your regular amount of data.
So I guess this has turned into top 11 applications. Hope you all enjoyed it! Let me know what your favourite applications are! And let me know how you liked these ones!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment