Movies, music, and more!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Creating a Daily Routine - Day 1

Last night I created a ruotine for everyday of the week. None of these days have all the same things on them. Are are things I'm going to keep up with everyday but not everything. Somethigns Ill do only once a week, twice a week or every other day.
Im in no way going to stick to it 100% if theres something I really dont feel like doing, then I wont, or I wont do it for its full extent. I dont have time limits on much of anything and i dont have a certain time for anything. I probably wont do everything on the list in a certain order, but i have somethings i can do while i am doing other things.
If I miss something on the list, ive decided it wont be the end of the world. My work schedule changes, and ill probably be called in often during the winter, so I know that somedays i will miss some things, and im fine with that. So heres the tuesdays daily routine, for me. Yes.. I started on a tuesday.


Tuesday

  • Wake up cuddles for Eric
  • Im not waking up at any particular time, just when I do I am going to cuddle my husband before I get out of bed. I try and force myself to go back to sleep once I wake up the first time, I'm going to try and not doing this anymore. When Eric feels me getting out of bed he asks me to come back in and cuddle him, and this makes me fall back asleep again, so im going to cuddle him before im ready to get up.
  • Shower
  • I have a habbit of showering randomly throughout the day. Im going to shower when I get out of bed, before I go upstairs for good. I'm not going to wash my hair everyday, but img oing to shwoer and wake myself up a bit. Today all I did was put my hair up in a bun so it didnt get wet, and i shaved my legs and brushed my teeth and that was it.
  • Makeup/Hair
  • I know that if I do my hair and make-up int he morning, I will feel better thorughout the day. I have a habbit of just throwing my hair up in a pony tail, in the comfortable look, but I personally feel better when ive tried to do something with it. And I know I feel  better when I try and do something to look good. Whether I just put on foundation.. or do my full face, it doesnt matter
  • Get Dressed
  • Im addicted to my pajamas and its a habbit I need to break. I wear my pajamas and slippers to the bar, to my friends houses, to family dinners, everywhere.. I only get dressed 10 minutes before I have to leave for work, and then when I get home I go right back into pajamas. This is a habbit that however much I enjoy it, I have to break it, this will definatly be hard for me.
  • Vaccuum
  • My dog always rips the little pieces of string out of his rope toys. Im used to excusing myself from the mess when our friends come over everyday. I know I feel much better and more accomplished when the floor is vaccuumed and clean.
  • Make Breakfast
  • Today I skipped breakfast, I dont like to eat in the morning, it makes me tummy feel funny. I might just switch this to make a meal for now. Until I get more into the habbit of actually waking up in the morning.
  • Clean coffee table
  • There are 2 blackholes for junk in our house - the coffee table and the microwave. If we dont want to put something away, or just dont want to hold it anymore, it goes in one of those 2 places. Our coffee table is always packed with tihngs on it, theres no room for anything really. I sit on the couch for atleast 10 hours a day, I could totoally clean this off in 2 minutes or less if I just kept up with it.
  • Read
  • I dont have a time limit on this, becuase I know if I do I wont do it. i could read a book, a news article or whatever I want as long as Im expanding my mind. I spend a lot of my time just watching TV or movies, and I need to think a little bit more. I've been watching the same TV shows and movies for the past 3 years practically, so I need to do something new. Even if it's a book i've had for the past 10 years, or whatever, Just something to keep my mind open.
  • Clean Bathroom
  • My hair loves to stay in the sink after I brush it. I shed A LOT! This wouldn't be such a burden on my if I kept with it on a bi-weekly basis, and it won't take so much time. I think I am going to try and do this after i get out of the shower, before I go upstairs. I didnt do it yet today though, but I will at some point today
  • Make Dinner
  • i know on tuesdays if I do work, I wont work really late, and my husband usually has tuesdays off, so making dinner and eating it together is really important to me. We need to start having proper meals, instead of eating at like 10 or 11pm or even later some nights, which is acceptable if thats when he gets off of work, but not when weve both been home all day. I want to eat at the table more often. We moved into this house in August and last night was the 3rd night we ate at the table.
  • Clean off shelf on landing
  • I guess another place that holds a lot of junk in our house is the shelf on the landing right by the front door. Everything we have in our hands when we walk in the door gets thrown on that shelf. It always looks like it just exploded. I need to keep this clean, because its the first thing you see when you walk in the door and thats not cool at all.
  • Go for walk
  • This is the number one thing I'm not going to put a time or distance limit on. Especially with the winter coming, I'm not ever going to want to just go for a walk. I'm going to try and not include this with my walk to work, unless its storming all day. If I just want to go to the end of the street and back, thats what I'll do. Just as long as I'm getting outside and getting exercise.
  • 1 episode TV/Movie
  • I've decided to include this in my daily routine because I'm going to do it anyway. I dont want sitting down and watching a movie to interupt my daily routine, and I feel like I'll resent the list if there are things I want to do way more. Sometimes I just like having the TV on for background noise. I usually write my book, in my journal, or clean while it's on. So I feel if I dont include it, then I won't get to watch something I really want to watch, as asposed to something I've seen a million times and just want to laugh at while i'm busy.
  • Write
  • this is another thing i didn't put a limit on, but am going to try and do everyday. This could mean I'm going to write in my blog, finish my book for november, or start a new booke once this one is finished being edited at the end of the month. I just want to make sure I'm writing everyday because it's something i love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment